Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Initial Impressions

     Upon beginning Into The Wild by Jon Krakauer I anticipated it to be a portrayal of a troubled individual who goes on a voyage in search for enlightenment through exploration. Yet I question how close Krakauer can get to another person's ambitious soul. Such motivation and betrayal must have caused Chris McCandless to abandon everything to start over on territory which he knew nothing about. And  this is why I chose this book, to get as close with this dissimilar character as possible. I am excited to analyze both his reason and behavior throughout my reading. Though I have failed to read Jon Krakauer's work before, Into The Wild was recommended to me by a handful of people of different interests. This may be the start of a Krakauer obsession! The author's perception is accompanied with Chris McCandless journal entries, revealing his innermost feelings, justifications, and involvements.
     I look forward to learning about Chris McCandless reason behind his behavior and hopefully Jon Krakauer will address the turning point within Chris McCandless life where he came to the conclusion that mankind is not good by nature. Also, I wonder what about the wilderness of Alaska captivated him, why he was so determined, why he had climbed to the highest extent to reach the harsh climate of Alaska. I can not imagine what would cause someone to make such a drastic move, yet I can appreciate his free spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment